Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Milliande January SEED Prompts



Seeds inspire me. Milliande's technique journals inspire me.  As a child I would sit in a sunny part of the garden and thoughtfully examine a seed head. In this same sense of wonderment I enjoy looking in detail at Milliande's creative process. January 2012 brings the excellent intermingling of seeds and creative thought with Milliande's them of being a seed in our communities.

For three years I have been participating in Milliande's January visual journal event. Nothing lifts my spirits from the dismal gray of January than the daily anticipating of Milliande's daily video. I learn new techniques, her themes ignite creative thought, and I join in a sisterhood of artists through shared results in the artist gallery. 
 
 

I find this quote intriguing,  

"And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they never themselves hoped to see - or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read."  Alice Walker 

Sometimes I wonder what will happen to my art journals, paintings, and stories in the future? Is my creative endeavor a seed that will spark others to look at the world with more wonder for the tiny miracles that surround us. Immensity with intimacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment