Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 26, 2013

Symbiosis Metamorphosis or Time to Fly




Recently I took a three week course on transitions. A wealth of information was shared in the class. We learned about our strengths, why we do what we do, and how best to match our uniqueness to responsibilities.

I created my Symbiosis Metamorphosis journal as a way to visually sort all of the valuable information that was causing my "little gray cells" to implode.
 
The butterfly ephemera is from 1965, by the National Wildlife foundation.
Amber stain from old tape adds charm.
 

 
This journal section shows a butterfly resting on a decaying pear. Death and re-birth. Symbols of change and future possibilities. Could it be that this butterfly gathers nourishment prior to flight? I think that it is curious that this image is paired with the image of the fragile girl. Displaying the feminine icon with a postmark of Paris symbolize my own personal change and future possibilities.


Within the center of my journal is a "Love to Do" page. The image of the woman on lime green painted paper symbolizes my constant brain activity. Breaks slow down my thinking. My favorite break is to beat Sensi in Yahtzee. Another favorite retreat is to fill in squares on crosswords. Sometimes it takes me a whole week to complete a New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle. I also love to chat with friends over coffee, read and look at the stars.
 
Hans Christian Anderson wisely noticed, "Just living is not enough, said the butterfly, One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
 
 
 
Now, go nibble on life's pear and then go fly!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love butterflies, they are so interesting to look at and watch flutter around the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see your comment. Where are you flying to next in your great life adventure?
      Pam

      Delete