Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Modern Armor



We do so many things to protect ourselves. Hot pad holders to keep us from burning our fingers. Bike helmets to protect our little gray cells from a bicycle crash. Lip balm (especially Burt's Bees) to ward away crusty lips.

Lately I've been feeling a bit dented and scratched from misunderstandings. When feeling this way I run to Jehova-nissa. My God that goes before me during challenging situations. This Banner that goes before me is truly the victor. I think God is truly the power that holds everything together. It's certainly not me. When I humbly move to the side God spiritually activates. God corrects false accusations and give meTruth for centering.

This picture, Armor, is part of my sermon notes series. Something was said about how worn our armor gets through living life. Armor that I symbolized through a scorched pot holder, bicycle helmet, worn sandal, lip balm, and frayed belt. It is hard for me to relate to the image of "middle-ages dude" wearing metal that is usually linked with armor of God teaching. By painting every day stuff my heart opened wide to this precept.

Most touching to me is the thought that I am going to hand all this crumpled and damaged stuff over to my Lord in exchange for a crown of glory. The butterflies and yellow paint symbolize this upcoming hope.

Now...stop whining. Go to the cross.

1 comment:

  1. I love your post today. God's armor will protect us from the world.

    ReplyDelete